BikeWorks is a fully-equipped, volunteer-run community bike workshop. We have all the tools (including specialty bicycle tools) needed to repair and maintain your bicycle, and mechanics to teach you how to do it. We also have a vast selection of used and new parts and bicycles available for purchase.
You can view a map and directions here.
Please visit our new site at http://edmontonbikes.ca for current hours of operation.
- You can learn how to fix your bicycle at BikeWorks.
- You don’t need to know anything about bike mechanics: our volunteer mechanics will teach you. Just drop in during our public hours: no appointments, registration, or membership is necessary. We’re open to everyone—just drop in during shop hours.
- You can donate used bikes or bike parts.
- You can buy refurbished, used bicycles at BikeWorks.
- You can buy used bike parts at BikeWorks. You can buy a limited selection of new parts as well.
- You can rent a bicycle and bike trailers from BikeWorks.
Don’t know anything about bicycle repairs? No problem! Qualified mechanics are on duty to assist you in any way you need, from finding a bike that’s right for you, or adjusting your seat, or fixing a flat, right up to building an entire bike from just parts.
Using the shop only costs $2/hour for members, including assistance from mechanics and access to all our tools. Complete bicycles range from about $50-100 on average.
We offer regular bike maintenance courses throughout the year, but you can come in any time we’re open to learn about fixing bikes.
Take a virtual tour of BikeWorks:
Women/Transgendered Shop Days
In an effort to make our space more inviting and inclusive, the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of each month are reserved exclusively for women and transgendered persons. During these days, the shop is operated only by women and transgendered persons (volunteers or staff). Learn more about women & trans day here.
Volunteering at BikeWorks
We welcome all stripes of bike-loving people, whether mechanically inclined or not, to help out in all aspects of EBC (events, advocacy, committee work, or at the shop).